The mosque is named from the Turkish commander of naval operations occupation of Rethymno, 1646 . Instead, during the Venetian period , there was a monastery dedicated to Saint Barbara . West of the main building there is a ruined minaret of the mosque, which is not visible from the road due to the high and dense vegetation . In another room is roofed with a dome fountain , which has two sides : one side of the road Arkadi and one of the courtyard of the mosque . Under the dome is the entrance to the mosque . In the yard survives even a Tourbes ( vaulted deathly construction) , which might have buried the founder of the mosque . Today , the site housed the maintenance workshop of 13 Antiquities .